Tuesday 17 November 2009

My first attempt at a music video.

The video below was my first attempt at a music video. I produced this in September of this year with my good friend Ryan Lawler. The song is our own cover of 'Shadow of the Day' by Linkin Park, in which Ryan and I play the song to our own style. The video was shot in one day on my (awful) digital camera and depicts a story of loss and trying to connect back the thing you lost. In this case, Ryan is portrayed as loosing someone close, close up shots of him thinking in sorrow and writing a note to his lost loved one are crossed with a "live preformance" of Ryan on the piano and myself on bass guitar. This trait of dual narratives is often used in modern videos, a story crossed with a live performance; i tried to incorporate this style into the video as i feel it works well.


No comments:

Post a Comment